- Client Alerts & Insurance News
- Wellness at Gulfshore Insurance
- Gulfshore Blog
- Awards & Recognition
- In the Community
- Gulfshore Team
The holiday season is the busiest time of the year for long-distance travel. Flights are often overbooked and highways are overcrowded, which can add stress to the season.
Keep Your Sanity
To keep travel worries from ruining your holiday plans, reduce your stress by planning ahead. Use the following tips to help you stay in control during your trip.
If you are flying:
- Do not delay purchasing tickets. Make your reservations well in advance to make sure you have many flight times, prices and seats to choose from.
- Choose your ticket wisely. Travel on off-peak days and during early morning hours whenever possible. Airports tend to be less crowded during these times, which will make it easier to get another reservation if your flight is canceled.
- Call or check online to confirm that your flight is still on time before leaving for the airport.
- Check in for your flight online, if possible, to avoid waiting in line at the airport
- Stay hydrated. Drink water frequently to avoid jet lag.
- Pack wisely. Avoid checking luggage, but if you have to, keep prescriptions, glasses and other overnight basics in your carry-on bag in case your luggage gets lost. Keep in mind that most airlines charge fees for checking luggage.
- Fight boredom. Pack activities to help pass the time, especially if traveling with children.
If you are driving:
- Be prepared. Have a mechanic examine your vehicle before your trip. Also, be sure to pack emergency and first aid supplies in case your car breaks down.
- Know your route. Plot out your route before leaving, and bring a map. Make sure your phone is fully charged if you plan on using smartphone maps or bring along a GPS.
- Save time. Try to do most of your driving during non-rush hour times to avoid the bad traffic.
- Take a break. Rest every two hours and limit yourself to eight hours of driving each day. Stop at rest areas to walk around and stretch. Make more frequent stops if traveling with small children or pets.
- Lay off the caffeine. Drink plenty of water and eat balanced meals. Drinking caffeine may make you crash a few hours later.
- Wear safety belts at all times. When used correctly, they significantly reduce the number of serious traffic injuries and fatalities.
Gulfshore Insurance is a Naples, Florida based insurance agency specializing in liability insurance, property insurance, workers compensation insurance, vehicle insurance, business income interruption insurance, cyber insurance, commercial umbrella insurance, home and homeowners insurance, car and auto insurance, boat and yacht insurance, property insurance, umbrella insurance, valuables insurance for fine art, jewelry, wine, and more. Navigating insurance requires an experienced and trusted insurance agent who understands your business risks and exposures. Gulfshore Insurance services Naples, North Naples, Marco Island, Bonita Springs, Fort Myers, Sarasota, Lido Beach, Longboat Key, Bradenton Beach, and Southwest Florida. We have office locations in Naples, Fort Myers, Fort Lauderdale, and Sarasota.
- Flood Insurance
- Commercial Risk Management
- Personal Insurance
- Employee Benefits
- Business Continuity
- John Keller
- Human Resources
- Cost Control
- Experience Mod
- Workers' Compensation
- Claims Management
- Health Care Reform
- Condo Associations
- Private Risk Services
- Golf & Country Clubs
- Oil & Petroleum Marketers
- Religious & Non-Profits